Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page. If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please contact us at email@example.com.
- What is the “approval letter”?
- The "Visa approval letter" is a document that allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period. With the approval letter, you can pick up your visa upon arrival at one of the 5 international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang City - Cam Ranh Airport and Da Nang). Please note: Normally, visa approval letter is usually issued in group and therefore, you may find your name and other information in the same letter as other people. if you want a private letter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long am I allowed to stay in Vietnam
- The maximum period you are allowed to stay is 3 month. You can, however, extend your stay while you are in Vietnam.
- Do I need to purchase return ticket before I apply?
- You do not need to purchase your air ticket upon applying for visa-on-arrival. In the application form, we ask for an estimate date which you think you will travel to in Vietnam. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to enter the country before this stated date.
- Can I change the details after I get the approval letter?
- Once you receive the approval letter issued by the Department of Immigration, you cannot modify the information stated on the letter such as your name, gender and date of birth. In case you need to change these details or plan to arrive earlier than the approved date, you will need to reapply for a new visa letter.
- Will the approval letter be sent to me by mail?
- We will send you the approval letter by email. This is a major advantage of visa on arrival since it is both time saving and completely secure. Make sure you provide us with an accurate email address at the time of applying.
- Am I eligible for visa-on-arrival?
- Visa on arrival is made available to all applicants from all countries, however, we just accept applications from certain countries listed on our application form.
- How long does it take to have my visa application processed?
- Normal processing time: is usually 2-3 business days. You can speed up the process by applying for same day or next day processing with some additional fee.
For same-day processing: If you apply before 8 A.M. Monday to Friday (Vietnam time, GMT +7), you will receive your approval letter by noon of the same day. If you apply after noon, you will receive your approval letter by 5 P.M. Any application made after 5 P.M. will be processed by noon the next working day.
- Why should I apply online for a Vietnam visa?
- Each visa application option offers you some advantages. VOA is especially beneficial for those who live far away from the Vietnamese embassies. However, the disadvantage is that sometimes you have to wait for long time at Vietnam airport due to large number of arrivals. So, if possible, we advise that you apply for your visa through the embassy before you go!
- Is visa-on-arrival legitimate?
- The short answer: Yes. Visa-on-arrival (VOA) is completely legitimate.
The more detailed answer: Visa to Vietnam can be issued by two different authorities: Vietnamese Embassies abroad or the Department of Immigration based in Vietnam. VOA is issued by the latter office and recognized as a legal document by the Vietnamese government.
- How does visa-on-arrival work?
- You need to fill in the online application form with the requested information. Please make sure your name and passport number match the original document to avoid delays and other complications. After your application is processed, we will send you an approval letter by email. Print it and bring it to the airport to board the plane. At Vietnam Airport, you will fill out a short form, together with 2 passport-sized photos, your passport and your approval letter. The Immigration Officers will stamp your passport with the visa.
- How do I pay for the application?
- We have developed an advanced online payment system where your personal information is completely secure. We currently accept Paypal, Western Unions, Bank Transfer and most major debit and credit cards (Master, Visa, Amex). For security reason, we do not process payment over the phone.
- My passport is damaged or expiring soon, but I want to apply for an approval letter. What should I do?
- Please obtain a new passport before applying for an approval letter if: Your passport is going to expire in less than 6 months after the time you arrive Vietnam. The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is peeling, or Your passport is otherwise torn, damaged, mutilated or has been washed or laundered.
- Do I need photos at Vietnam airport and what are photo requirements?
- Photographs are required at Vietnam airports only and you do not need to provide them during the online application process. The photographs need to be taken in the format specified below.
- be a recent true likeness of the individual, taken within the last 6 months
- be in colour, not black and white
- be taken against a light grey or cream background 40 millimetres (mm) width x 60 mm height (4cm*6cm)
- be free from shadows
- be printed professionally or taken in a passport photo booth.
Note: in emergency cases, photos can be taken at Vietnam airport for 5 USD/each
- How long does it take to finish the procedure at Vietnam Airport?
- It depends on how many people are arriving at the same time as you and who also need a visa. The wait time hardly exceeds 30 minutes and is usually around 15 minutes, however, some of our customers (about 5 %) reported that they waited for 1.5 hrs due to a large number of arrivals at the same time. Make sure you have all required documents ready to avoid delay: * Print-out of your Visa-Approval letter. * A passport valid for at least 6 months from your date of exit out of Vietnam. * Passport should have at least one blank page where the Visa sticker can be placed. * Cash US$ or Vietnamese Dong to pay for the Visa Stamping Fee at Vietnam airport (US$25,- for single entry, US$50- for multiple entry visa). * 2 recently-taken photos with regular passport size.
- Can I apply for my family member or relatives?
- Yes, you can. Make sure that all the information provided on the application form matches the original documents and that you forward the approval letter to the person who travels.
- How can I extend my visa when I am in Vietnam?
- The maximum period you are allowed to stay is 3 month. You can, however, extend your stay while you are in Vietnam. To extend your visa, please visit the Vietnamese Department of Immigration, located at 40 Hang Bai Street, Hanoi or 161 Nguyen Du, Ho Chi Minh City. The visa form extension can also be downloaded online (http://xnc.congan.com.vn/vietkieu-nuocngoai/bieumau-vietkieu-xnc/mldocument.2008-04-24.7891982088/view)
- I plan to arrive in Vietnam by air but exit by crossing the border to Cambodia. Can I still apply for visa-on-arrival?
- You can use visa-on-arrival provided that your first point of entry to Vietnam is an airport in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City or Da Nang. You can exit or re-enter Vietnam by land and still able to use the visa on arrival.
- What information is needed for processing visa approval letter?
Your full name (exactly as in your passport)
Date of birth (DOB)
Proposed arrival date
Proposed exit date
Purpose of visit
Proposed entry airport
- Can I use this approval letter for overland travel ?
- No, this type of visa is applicable to air travel only and only upon arrival in the international airports in Vietnam. Visa approval letter cannot therefore be used for overland travel.